All You want to Know About MBBS COLLEGES & ADMISSION VIA NEET EXAM IN INDIA – AV Global Overseas

MBBS study subjects are listed in this topic here for your better

NEET-UG is the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-Under Graduate which is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) every year in the month of May. From last year i.e., 2019, AIPMT is also merged within NEET UG. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Undergraduate) (or NEET (UG), formerly the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT), is an entrance examination in India for students who wish to study undergraduate medical courses (MBBS) and dental courses (BDS) in government or private medical and dental colleges in India.

NTA has received requests from students to conduct the examination twice in a year. This may be implemented from the academic session 2021-22. Let’s understand the current overview of this entrance exam which will be conducted this year on 13th September 2020.

Name of the Examination: National eligibility cum entrance test – NEET.

Conducting Body: National Testing Agency (NTA)

Mode of examination: Offline

Duration of the examination: 3 hours

Students must complete their 10+2 or persuading 12th in the current session. Students must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology as their main subjects with Mathematics/ Biotechnology as additional subjects. The students who wish to study MBBS in Abroad NEET marks are valid for 3 years only.

The students who wish to study MBBS in India the NEET score should be of the current year only.

                                         MBBS COLLEGES IN INDIA 

Type of CollegesMBBS
Government CollegesTotal Colleges- 272 Total Seats – 41,388
Private Colleges including Deemed UniversitiesTotal Colleges- 260 Total Seats- 35,540
Total Seats through NEETTotal Colleges- 532 Total Seats- 76,928

The majority of these colleges are located in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh.

These seats are divided into 2 types of Quota.

  1. AIQ (All India Quota)
  2. State Quota

In all government medical colleges, 15% of seats are reserved for AQI and the remaining 85% seats are for state Quota.

As per the last year’s result of NEET-UG 2019, general category aspirants need minimum 50 percentile. On the other hand, General-PH, category 45 percentile, and SC/OBC/ST require 40 percentile.

For those who don’t know what is the percentile?

Percentile used in NEET to determine student rankings. For example, 50 percentile means you must score higher more than 50% of students appeared in NEET-UG.

Minimum Marks Required in NEET for MBBS


And for getting admission in Govt. medical colleges under an unreserved category or general, students have to get minimum 575 to 600 marks


For qualifying in NEET, students must have to score a minimum of 50 percentile for the unreserved category and 40 percentile for SC/ST/OBC category.

And to get in the private medical college’s cut off you have to obtain above 500 marks.

Minimum marks required in NEET for MBBS in General Category.

General category students have to get more than 600 marks in NEET to get admission in government medical colleges.

From the results of NEET 2019, 562 was the ending cut-off for Maulana Azad medical college with 662 marks in AIQ and for state quota, it was 603 marks.

For Private medical colleges, General category students need 50 percentile or above 500 marks.

Minimum marks required in NEET for MBBS in the SC category 

SC category students need a 40 percentile score in NEET to get an admission in MBBS which means they need to score 350 to 400 minimum marks as per the cut-off last year.

Minimum marks required in NEET for MBBS for OBC

OBC category students need a 40 percentile score in NEET to get anadmission in MBBS which means they need to score 350 to 400 minimum marks as per the cut-off last year.

Please note we are not the right authority to provide accurate data for NEET marks and rankings, all the details are based on the previous year’s NEET results, marks, cut-off, and rankings.

CategoryMinimum Qualifying PercentileCut-off Marks
Unreserved (UR)50th Percentile701-134
Unreserved PH (UR-PH)45th Percentile133-120
Scheduled Caste (SC)40th Percentile133-107
Scheduled Tribe (ST)40th Percentile133-107
Other Backward Classes (OBC)40th Percentile133-107
SC-PH40th Percentile119-107
ST-PH40th Percentile119-107
OBC-PH40th Percentile119-107

. In this 6yr long journey of educational dreams, there are a lot of hurdles, but if students are focused then it is easily achievable.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.