Start your adventure by attending surf lessons in Tenerife South with our help. Get to know the best places and schools to start or improve your skills.
First goal of the holidays: Try new things. Every time we visit a new country or a new territory we need to experience unique moments, which are worth remembering when years go by and we look at the photos of that trip. Surfing, kitesurfing, windsurfing or bodyboarding fit this definition perfectly. Unusual experiences, especially for travellers who are not close to the sea. It’s time to try surf lessons in Tenerife south.
Surfing or activities related to it do not require special skills for the initiation process, on our island you can find a multitude of schools that give classes to people of all ages and conditions. Obviously, you must know how to swim and know your physical possibilities in order to practise on some beaches or others, at some times of the day or others. Above all, safety and responsibility. With the supervision of professionals and experts, you will have no problem letting yourself be rocked by the waves.
Our archipelago is a paradise for surfing enthusiasts, beyond the first experience we mentioned before, there are many true sportsmen and sportswomen who visit our islands in search of waves to satisfy their love of the sea. The mild climate all year round, the normally favourable sea conditions and the variety of waves make Tenerife an ideal destination for the sport.
Best places on the island for surfing
There are many beaches where you can try your hand at riding the waves. We recommend you try the season from November to February, although in summer the north of the island is key and in winter, the south. Today we are going to show you some places near our hotel for surfing in Tenerife South.
- Punta Blanca is located in the municipality of Guía de Isora, in a wonderful natural environment near the mountains. The waves oscillate between two and four metres high and you can breathe tranquillity from all four sides. The sea tends to come with a southerly force, as does the wind. Big wave waves, left and right variable.
- Playa de El Conquistador is located in Playa de las Americas. In an ideal surfing environment you can enjoy waves of one and a half metres high and meet many local surfers. The waves are fast and tubular, the sea bottom is made of rocks and the wind comes from the south.
- In the area of Las Galletas you can find several waves to surf in the same place. In this small village, little frequented by tourists, you can catch waves at all tides. The waves are variable and tubular and have a height of one to three metres.
- El Médano is the place for kitesurfing and windsurfing par excellence. Two perfect modalities for this beautiful village that has 250 days of wind per year. Its importance is shown by the fact that several world championships in this discipline are held here every year.
Start your journey
There are many schools that you can find. To surf in Tenerife South you only have to rely on the best professionals in the sector. With just a few lessons we are sure you will be able to get on the board and show your skills.
- Ika ika Surf School Tenerife offers lessons for all levels, from beginners upwards. You can also rent all kinds of equipment from them in Playa de las Americas. Another of their facilities is their proximity to the waves. Just put on your wetsuit and jump into the water without any worries.
- Shaka Surf Tenerife offers lessons for adults and children in Las Americas. In its four levels; beginner, advanced beginner, intermediate and advanced you can find your place and train as a surfer.
- And if other disciplines, such as kitesurfing or windsurfing, are your thing, Red Rock Academy is perfect for you. Located in El Médano, you can train and rent equipment.
And for your accommodation there is no doubt about it, Vanilla Garden Boutique Hotel